Saturday, February 20, 2016

KIM'S REVIEW~HIS LIGHT IN THE DARK by L.A. Fire





When I read the synopsis of His Light in the Dark, I had to read it. Childhood friends to lovers are some of my favorite reads. 

Unfortunately, this book wasn't for me. I never really felt connected to the characters. I loved Mace, who was Mia's father, and his character. I even liked Cole and Mia. I just never really got drawn in. I love when a book pulls me in and that's all I can think about for days after I'm finished. This book just didn't meet my expectations.

I liked the book and the direction it was going, it just never really got there for me. I felt it could have been shortened some because it lost me for awhile. I caught myself skimming to get through. The first part of the book and the last part of the book I actually loved. It was the middle where I got distracted and started skimming. 

I'm thinking maybe it was just me and my mindset at the time of reading this one. I would recommend the book. The author does a great job with her writing and the storyline was a good one. I just didn't connect with these characters like I wanted to. So that could be on me and not the author. 


I give His Light in the Dark 3 Crazie Stars! ~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment