Saturday, June 22, 2013

CAMI'S REVIEW ~FINDING OBSCURITY by Emma Shade




Lily Canton always knew she was unique.

After she loses everything she has ever cared about ten years ago, Lily decides its time to find answers about her past and why she has special powers. But when you can’t control seeing the future, and you hold enough electricity inside you to black out an entire city block, it doesn’t always make life easy. 

She swore she would never care about anyone ever again after that fateful day so long ago. Then she meets sexy club owner, Ashton Ryder. Lily can’t afford to fall for Ashton. Then there is handsome, powerful, Blake Moore, who wants to help her with more than just her powers. She has to learn to trust people and let them into her heart, even as things spiral out of control. 

Not only does she learn Ashton has a secret that will make her question everything she ever thought was real, but Lily finds out that her birth parents are anything but ordinary. Just when Lily thinks she has everything figured out, someone is determined to destroy her – because she isn’t supposed to be alive.


REVIEW.....

Let me start off by saying that this book was a HUGE surprise to me! I am not usually into paranormal romances, (the only one I've read was Twilight) so I was quite skeptical when I started reading this book. 
With that being said, I believe this book will resonate with readers of all genres. Yes it is THAT good!!! The writing is impeccable, and the drama is intense!! This was a "alert the family to fend for themselves until I'm done reading" type of book! 

In high school Lily was always known as a freak to her family and friends. After a terrible accident that causes her to lose the only person she ever truly loved, Lily sets out to find the truth about her abilities and closes herself off to the feelings of becoming close to anyone.





Enter Ashton, the sexy club owner with a few secrets of his own. At their first encounter the connection is instantaneous and intense!! Sparks fly....literally! Ashton wants Lily and wastes no time making his move.





Then Lily meets Blake and finds they both share the same powers. 
Lily's powers are getting stronger and harder to control and Blake wants to help her control her powers, but he also warns her to stay away from Ashton.





I was so torn reading this book!! One minute I was wanting her to trust and be with Ashton, but the next, I wasn't sure I fully trusted him and then wanted her to be with Blake! It was so confusingly good!! And then,I won't even start about Ashton's secret and the hatred between Ashton and Blake! 

All is not as it seems with these men and someone is after Lily. Blake and Ashton vow to keep her safe. Once the secrets are uncovered, Lily has a hard time trying to decide who to trust.( I was right there with ya sister!) She also has a hard time trying to decide who she is more attracted to...Blake or Ashton. ( Yep, me too!) Blake...with whom she shares a similar power with and makes her feel safe? (..swoon..) Or Ashton.....the man that can make her short circuit by just walking in the room? (Taylor Swift's "Sparks Fly" song worthy!) 

This book kept me on the edge of my seat the ENTIRE time! Just as I thought I had it figured out, I was back at square one! The sexual attraction between the characters was intense! There is so much more to this story but I just don't want to give it all away! 
This book does end with a cliffy, and boy oh boy does Emma Shade know how to write a cliffhanger! Actually, it's more like a complete drop off the side of the hill with nothing to grab on to! Shocking is all I can say! It left me wanting book #2 right now!!! 

We rate Finding Obscurity 5 "Crazie" stars!! This is a fantastic debut novel by Emma Shade that you do not want to miss reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment