Saturday, June 22, 2013

KIM'S REVIEW~FINDING OBSCURITY by Emma Shade









Lily Canton always knew she was unique.

After she loses everything she has ever cared about ten years ago, Lily decides its time to find answers about her past and why she has special powers. But when you can’t control seeing the future, and you hold enough electricity inside you to black out an entire city block, it doesn’t always make life easy.

She swore she would never care about anyone ever again after that fateful day so long ago. Then she meets sexy club owner, Ashton Ryder. Lily can’t afford to fall for Ashton. Then there is handsome, powerful, Blake Moore, who wants to help her with more than just her powers. She has to learn to trust people and let them into her heart, even as things spiral out of control.

Not only does she learn Ashton has a secret that will make her question everything she ever thought was real, but Lily finds out that her birth parents are anything but ordinary. Just when Lily thinks she has everything figured out, someone is determined to destroy her – because she isn’t supposed to be alive.

Okay, I'm not sure where to start with this review. First, I would like to say that I'm grateful that I was a beta reader for this book & I'm AMAZED at how engrossed I became with this story & these characters. Emma Shade did a great job getting right to it from the very beginning & I was drawn right in from the very start. The suspense, the drama & the HOTTNESS seeped right out from the book...& when I say HOTTNESS, I mean SIZZLING HOTTNESS ;).





Lily Canton is a beautiful young lady who has dealt internally with issues that she can not explain & she is on a mission to find out about her past & what her past means for her future. She was not expecting to come in contact nor was she looking or wanting to come in to contact with the most GORGEOUS man that she's ever seen....SWOON ;). & the name would be Ashton Ryder.





Ashton Ryder is the SEXY club owner that Lily happens to come across one night at his club when she uses a fake name that her best friend(only friend) Sam gave her to use to gain entrance into his club. It's NOT a pleasant encounter when Lily has to face Ashton & club bouncers because she had deceived her way into the club. NOPE, not pleasant at all!! Lily & Aston are drawn to one another & Lily knows that some things are just OFF but she just can't put her finger on it. A situation occurs between Lily & one of the bouncers & Lily takes off leaving the club & Ashton behind. She knows NOW, without a doubt, that she is UNIQUE...& now her mission is to find the missing pieces of her past & hoping to find the answers to why she is so different!! 






Sexy & powerful, Blake Moore, now enters & he has his eyes set on Lily!! He is unique in the same way that Lily is unique & he wants to help her control her special powers but he also has an agenda!! He WANTS HER for himself...OR DOES HE!! Blake knows things & there are secrets that he & Ashton are both keeping from Lily. She really doesn't know who to trust because she knows that she is NOT supposed to be alive & that someone is out there that wants her dead.

From the very beginning to the very end, I was on the edge of my seat. The suspense was killing me & I COULD NOT wait to get to the end to find out WHAT IN THE HECK was going on. I would think okay, it's this & then would change my mind & think NO it's this... This is a book that EVERYONE needs to read. This is my 2nd Paranormal read & I LOVED IT.. But, DANG IT, Emma Shade...you've left me with a frickin cliffhanger && i LOVE IT!! GREAT AUTHOR & a GREAT READ ;)). You ROCK GIRL!!!! NOW, hurry up with the 2nd book because I'm DYIN' here ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment