Saturday, August 3, 2013

KIMS' REVIEW~A LOVE LIKE THIS by Kahlen Aymes











Settled in New York City, Ryan and Julia Matthews seek to enjoy their idyllic newlywed life together. Julia’s high-profile job at Vogue and Ryan’s promising career in medicine will surely set them up for everything they could ever want. Their only obstacle seems to be finding enough time to spend together.

When a scuffle at Ryan’s hospital puts his life in danger, a colleague steps in to save him but is critically injured in the process. In a heroic and unwavering effort, Ryan manages to save her life, but her injuries irrevocably change her future forever.

What happens next will push Ryan beyond human endurance, when he is forced to decide how much he will pay for his new friendship and Julia, what she is willing to sacrifice in order to spare herself the unspeakable pain of watching someone else try to replace her in Ryan’s heart.

Join Ryan and Julia in the heart-wrenching conclusion to the unforgettable story of an incredible love, worth every single sacrifice…

For there is nothing more sacred than… A Love Like This…


REVIEW.....




Okay, this is a really hard review to write for me because I'm so in love with this series. I fell in LOVE with Ryan and Julia from the get go. Ryan stole my heart and he NEVER gave it back. I loved him in The Future of Our Past, I really loved him in Don't Forget To Remember Me & I'm over the moon in love with him in A Love Like This. Kahlen Aymes set the bar high when she started this series and she NEVER fell short. 

The conclusion of their love story was right on. I was so blown away by the first two books that I wasn't sure if the last one would meet my expectations...but boy was I wrong. Kahlen Aymes reeled me in and she reeled me in good...but she kept throwing me back out. Then she would reel me in again. I was on such a roller coaster ride that I felt like I was going to throw up at times. I was so scared of how this wonderful love story would end and I was frightened that lines may be crossed and that forgiveness would not be possible. 

There were times that I wanted to throw my kindle and I wanted to jump right in and shake some sense in to these characters. I wanted to scream and say ARE YOU CRAZY?? OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES. The ANGST was gut-wrenching but the LOVE was BREATHTAKING.

I wanted every day of forever to spend in his arms, secure in the knowledge that he loved me in ways I couldn’t comprehend and I loved him more than I could ever put into words. The love between us was too much and yet…not enough. If we died drowning in each other’s arms, it would never be enough.’ - Julia


A Love Like This starts about a month later where book two ended. So, get ready people for the ride of your life. Kahlen Aymes DID NOT DISAPPOINT! There is LOVE...OH YES...THE LOVE...There is ANGST...DANG IT...but I needed it...I CRAVED IT...& the PASSION was HOTT!! SIZZLING HOTT!!

Ryan and Julia are very much in love. They have overcome so many obstacles in their relationship and life keeps throwing curve balls at them. I keep thinking... Please, just GIVE THEM A BREAK...But, each obstacle they faced just drew them closer together and their love for one another continued to grow and grow. 

Ryan is faced with a dangerous situation at his work where he must make a quick decision on whether he is going to do what he has always done or is he going to give in and give up what he believes in. He makes the decision to continue doing what he believes in and this decision has some consequences that he realizes almost a little too late. Ryan and his co-worker, Jane, are put in a dangerous situation where Ryan gets injured but Jane gets critically injured with life altering changes. 

Ryan and Jane become close because of the devastating experience they encountered together. Jane tries to get a little too close to Ryan and this causes a wedge between Ryan & Julia's relationship. Julia catches on to Jane and she doesn't trust her even though she gives her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. Julia knows that Ryan feels obligated to Jane because Jane saved Ryan's life when she stepped in front of him to protect him from his attacker. She knows that Ryan will stand by Jane because that is the kind of MAN Ryan is. Ryan is struggling with what happened to him while he is trying to maneuver his job, married life and his guilt for what the incident took from Jane. 

As hard as it is for Julia to sit and watch another woman try and take her place in Ryan's heart, she tries to make it work and put it out of her mind. The only problem is Jane will NOT go away. She shows up at the worst times and Ryan seems to fall for it every time until Julia has had enough. 

Can these two survive another obstacle thrown at them? Can Julia just sit back and watch another woman try and take her place in Ryan's heart? Will Ryan fight for the love of his life? Will these two have a HEA? 




I can answer this for you but I'm not going to. You need to read this book or this series if you have not. I can not express with words what this series has done for me. Ryan and Julia have touched my heart in a way that other book couples have NOT! I have my fav book boyfriends and couples but RYAN & JULIA together..there is NOT another couple that outshines these two. They have this special chemistry that explodes from your e-reader or the paperback book you hold in your hand. It is like no other. THIS SERIES IS A MUST READ. You will fall in love with RYAN & JULIA just like I have and you will always remember what a special bond and love they share. I must say that I am truly sad that the journey with Ryan and Julia is now over. I'm hoping that maybe a Novella is in the near future for these two. I would love to see what the future holds for them. 


"There never was, nor will there ever be…a love like this.” -Ryan




I give this entire series 5 CRAZIE STARS ~KIM

No comments:

Post a Comment