Saturday, August 10, 2013

CAMI'S REVIEW~THE SPACE IN BETWEEN by Brittainy C. Cherry








She’s scarred by her past. 

ANDREA EVANS is traumatized and guilt-ridden by the death of her fiancée. Tired of the gossiping small town, she travels to New York City to pursue her dream of dance.

He’s uncertain of his future. 

COOPER DAVIDSON is a famous photographer and reality television star trying to flee from his own life filled with paparazzi, mental health clinics, and a cheating wife who is pregnant. 

When Andrea and Cooper’s paths cross, they realize how damaged and in need of escapism they both are. The two create an arrangement to explore the space in between chaos and order with one another. The rules are simple—no emotional connections, no talking about the past, no speaking of the future, and when one finds order, the other walks away. 

All is well until Cooper accidentally falls in love with Andrea.
I can only hope I will do this beautifully written story justice with my review....

From the first few pages I was instantly entranced with this authors writing style. The words flowed so freely and I was immediately drawn into the story.

Andie Evans is broken. And when I say broken, I mean cannot be put back together broken. After losing her fiancé, she's moved to New York with a friend to escape her small town and all of the pitying looks. Sorrow is eating her alive. 

Cooper Davidson is broken as well. But his is of a different kind. He recently found out his wife is a cheating pregnant whore! (Sorry, I had to say it!) What better reason to have a mental breakdown in front an entire nation right?! The famous photographer is now trying to move on, but his "wife" has different plans for him. 

What happens when these two broken people cross paths? 

First of all let me just say, I normally go for the jealous, possessive, bad ass attitude type of heroes. Cooper is not that hero, and I STILL fell head over heels for him!! (And that's saying alot!) The understanding he gave to Andie as she worked through her issues was so admirable. Not to mention their awkward situation upon meeting, he never once judged her! It may have helped that they actually knew each other, but throughout the entire book, he made us well aware of his protectiveness. Oh, and there was still some jealousy going on ;) (swooning here!) 

I absolutely adored Andie and how she placed "rules" on their "friendship". I will never hear the word "soda pop" again and not think of this book!! ;) The other thing I can say about Andie, is that I truly felt her pain and was so happy when she was able to overcome her past. I loved her bestie Ladasha!!! Not only did she add comedy to the story with her witty banter, but she also had a story of her own. 

The title to this book is so deep and truly meaningful. As I was reading the part of the book that explains it (the title), I was thinking Wow!.....I never thought of it that way. And this only reaffirmed my first thought when I started the book. That this author has TRUE talent! 

Towards the end there are MANY secrets revealed that will leave you speechless!! It was like watching all my favorite dramas rolled into one! Just when you think you've figured it out, you hit that upside down loop on the roller coaster. But guess what??? This story has a HEA!!! Woohoo!! 

The Space In Between gets 5++"Crazie" stars!!!! ~Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment