Thursday, August 29, 2013

KIM'S REVIEW ~ TRAVIS (BUFFALO ROCK STARS SERIES) by N. Kuhn






Lots of people want to be Rock Stars, but the question is, can they handle it? Travis Dane has never wanted anything more than to be a Rock Star. He dreamed of being just like his father, Marcus. What the idol in his life never told him, is that the road to fame is paved with self destruction. Music, drugs, drinking, fighting and crazy stalkers all battle for his attention. Throw in an uncaring mother and Papararzzi following his every step is disaster waiting to happen.

Brittany Landers has never loved anyone like she did Trav. But his temper and drug use drove her into the arms of another man. Finally getting her life on track, striving for her law degree, can Aiden Bland take her mind off of Travis and what he’s going through? Or is he just Mr. Wrong Right Now? The emotional roller coaster of fame is never a Happily Ever After.




I had the privilege of reading the ARC for this book and was so excited because I love love love Rocker books. :) 

Travis & Brittany are two characters that I could not get enough of. In the beginning I wasn't sure if I was going to connect with these characters, but low and behold....I connected!!! 

Brittany is from a wealthy family where she has to work for her money. Most people who knew her felt she was a spoiled rich kid... including Travis. Brittany was far from spoiled. She was such a good heroine that I admired her. She was far from perfect and I loved that about her. 

Travis is the son of a Famous Rocker Musician who never really played a role in Travis' life. Travis looks up to his father and shares the same love for music. His dream is to become a "ROCK STAR" just like DAD...and NOTHING is going to stand in the way of his dream. 

Travis and Brittany deal with a lot of life situations including, love, break-up, drugs, alcohol and sex. Brittany gets her life in order per say while Travis goes down a dark dark path...to the point of hitting rock bottom. Brittany's so called friend/co-worker, betrays her and gets involved with Travis leading him down the road to self-destruction. The question is ...Can Travis be redeemed and break away from the train wreck he has become a part of? Can he forget his one true love?

Brittany, on the other hand, goes to college and gets her degree, she goes to law school, and gets involved with someone her parents approve of. The problem is that Brittany can't seem to forget the love of her life. Can she move on without Travis? 

This book was a book that I could not put down once I got started reading. N. Kuhn did an AMAZING job keeping me glued to my kindle. There were times that I was so angry with these characters and wanted to scream...REALLY!!! & then there were times that I shedded a few tears. I love when I become so engrossed with a book that I don't want to put it down until I'm finished. This was one of those books. Read it and you will NOT be disappointed. 


I give Travis 4 CRAZIE STARS!!!

~KIM 

1 comment: