Friday, March 7, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ IGNITE by R.J. Lewis





OMG!!! I absolutely am stunned at this book & what I've just read. I'm in love with R.J. Lewis.  I have been in a book slump for some time now & Ignite & R.J. have pulled me right out of that slump & propped me right back into my wonderful Book World...happy as can be ;)

Jaxon(love him) & Sara are both from the projects.  Sara is brought up by an abusive father & an alcoholic mother. Jaxon has a wonderful, loving mother who works hard to take care of him & a non-existant father who left him & his mother when he was young.  Jaxon is popular in school, he's athletic & gorgeous & the girls want him & the boys want to be like him. He's just PERFECT!!!!  


The complete opposite for Sara, who is bullied because she is poor. She has no friends & is constantly trying to avoid everyone & not be noticed. She tried to hide in the background...& with not much luck.  One day she is being picked on by a prissy ass bitty & Jaxon takes up for her.  Turns the table on the prissy ass bully. Gah, he is awesome!!!

From that day on, Jaxon & Sara became friends...then friends that became best friends.  Jaxon took Sara to her Senior Prom...SWOON!!! Then they were friends that became lovers.  Gah, how I love him.  He is soooo...sooo freaking AMAZING. 

Jaxon & Sara then became inseparable.

 Their love for one another blossomed & you were right there with them riding out their high.  I felt everything Sara felt.  He melted me... He swooned me...He knocked my freaking socks off. I couldn't put the book down.  I was up until the wee hours of the morning, then I would finally go to sleep & then wake up & go right back at it again.  I had to have more of Jaxon..I needed more of Jaxton. I had to know what was going to happen.


WELL...Let me tell you what happened. Freaking Sara got a wild crazy hair up her ass and let her mind get the best of her & ruined the best thing that ever happened to her. I wanted to bitch slap her.  I wanted to pull every hair in her head out. She drove me freaking crazy.  Gah, I wanted to jump in there and shake the shit out of her and say WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? Look at that adonis that you have and he FREAKING LOVES YOU...you dimwit!!! 

But, Sara had some issues that she needed to resolve. So, she just left him...left him. I was like c'mon, get over yourself & grow the hell up. I wanted to strangle her. But, then on the other hand, I did feel sorry for her. I was angry at someone else as well for putting the thought in her head to begin with.  I won't say who... but, after you read it you will know who I'm talking about.  I loved that character but I wanted to strangle them at that moment as well.

Now, 5 years later & Sara has dropped out of  law school with only 2 years to go.  She felt she didn't deserve to be happy after leaving the love of her life.  She felt being miserable was what she deserved.  She got a job at a law firm and started sleeping with the boss.  It was a "boss with benefits" type relationship.  This relationship went on for about 2 years...until...  




Sara received some bad news which forced her to have to go back home and take care of some things.  She didn't think she would ever be going back to her hometown & never dreamed of running into the love of her life ever again.  Well, she was in for a rude awakening.  Things didn't go as she had hoped & she didn't get a welcome home party either...Nope, not at all.




One person in particular was not happy to see her. He was a complete jerk towards her. She definitely deserved it with the way things had went down between them. I felt bad for her at that moment and that's when I did a complete turn around with my feelings toward Sara. I started liking her again. She had a rough 5 years and she took full responsibility for leaving him. She knew she messed up but felt it needed to be done because of her past. She was afraid she would continue hurting him by staying with him. 

She NEVER stopped loving him..NEVER!!!

I have to stop here or I will give too much away.You will have to read the book to see what happens in the end. & OH BOY...what an ending.



I give Ignite 5 Crazie Stars!!! ~Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment