Saturday, March 29, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ MAYBE SOMEDAY by Colleen Hoover




Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite Colleen Hoover books.  I love her and I love her writing style & she has absolutely done it again.  I literally just  finished and I'm overwhelmed with what I just read.  It was absolutely beautiful.  

This is not my typical style of book to read.  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into...but let me tell you, once I started reading it, I COULD NOT put it down.  I WOULD NOT put it down. 


Ridge Lawson is not your typical book boyfriend. He is EPIC!! He is the PERFECT book boyfriend!! I fell in love with him right from the start. He is sweet, honest and straight to the point. He will capture your heart and never return it. I loved everything about him. EVERYTHING!! He will melt you to the core. NO FLAWS...nope...not one.

Sydney Blake is a college student who lives with her best friend,Tori,of three years. UNTIL....she finds out her best friend has been sleeping with her boyfriend, Hunter, of two years. This leaves Sydney devastated, homeless and friendless.  


Sydney is offered a place to stay for a while by her gorgeous neighbor who has captivated her. She has been drawn to Ridge for a while now.  She loves listening to him play his guitar from his balcony from across the courtyard from her apartment. She would make up her own lyrics to his music and sing along to herself as he played not realizing he was watching her. 


Ridge was smitten by Sydney, especially, seeing her sing from across the courtyard to his guitar playing.  He wasn't sure what it was about her that sparked his attention and interest but he knew he couldn't deny the attraction.

**********

There is a love triangle in this book, but it is one like I have never experienced before. It will make you question who in the heck's team you're on??? You catch yourself rooting for both teams. Hell, it was torture...but it was a torture I craved...I just couldn't get enough. Let me tell you who's team I was on...I was TEAM RIDGE... 100%.  He could do ABSOLUTELY NO WRONG in my eyes...NONE!!! 

 I loved his thinking, I loved his way of rationalizing everything, I loved his compassion for others, I loved his unselfishness.  I just LOVED HIM... BUT, I loved his heart and soul the most. I must say that Colleen Hoover is brilliant...And REMARKABLY SO!


  Maggie, Ridge's girlfriend of five years, is gorgeous, carefree and very likable. His devotion to her is heart-warming and heart-wrenching at the same time. You can't help but adore his loyalty to her. But, on the other hand, Ridge and Sydney's connection is off the charts.  They know this and they fight it as hard as they can throughout the book because they both care for Maggie and neither one of them have ever been cheaters and they don't want to hurt her. Sydney knows this first hand because she has experienced it recently.  That betrayal is what brought her to Ridge...and bless his heart, he truly loves them both.

 Sydney and Ridge handle their feelings and  situation in a mature way and I loved that about them.  It's like nothing I have ever read before.  My heart shattered in tiny pieces for all three of them. I wanted to jump right in there and hug the shit out of them. 


"My heartbeats were all for Maggie. They always had been, but the more time I spent with you, the more you started to unintentionally infiltrate and steal some of those heartbeats."

Even though I did feel a connection with Maggie, and I truly felt for her, I could feel the genuine love that Sydney and Ridge had for one another.  Their chemistry was off the charts and I could NOT stop rooting for them.  It killed me for Ridge knowing how he felt for both of these women.  He's that amazing to me.  HE'S PERFECTION!!

"I...will never...regret you."





"Nothing in my life has ever felt so good, yet hurt so achingly bad."

"The second my lips touched yours, my heart split completely in two. Half of it belonged to you from that point on. Every other beat of my heart was for you."



In my opinion, this book is brilliant. The entire book was beautifully written and Colleen Hoover did an amazing job drawing you in and making you fall in love with all her characters. I'm more in awe with her than I have ever been. I've always been a huge huge fan of hers but now she has a fan for life. I'm still thinking of Ridge and what he went through. I'm so stoked that I read this book. It will stay with me from now on and that makes me so happy. It makes me look at my life different and makes me want to be a better person...Just like Ridge.
Kudos to Colleen Hoover...The Queen of my soul!!!

"For her I bend, for you I break."

"It's you," he says aloud. "My heart...wants you."

OMG..HE MELTS ME!!!

This book is a MUST READ!! 


I give Maybe Someday 5+++ Crazie 
Stars!!! ~Kim
















No comments:

Post a Comment