Sunday, June 14, 2015

KIM'S REVIEW ~ TORN FROM YOU by Nashoda Rose





Torn From You was recommended to me by a friend, and once I read the blurb, I was completely sold.  It's dark, twisted, agonizing, and all-consuming.  From start to finish, I was detained by Nashoda Rose.  

Torn From You picks up right where With You (novella) leaves off.  With You gives us Sculpt and Emily's background. So I highly recommend reading the novella first. This is where we first meet Emily and Sculpt and really get to know them...or do we?




Ah, Sculpt.  Sculpt (Logan) is an underground fighter and a hot/sexy tattooed rocker, who happens to be the lead singer in the upcoming band, Tear Asunder. Enticing. Delectable. Distinctive. Dominant. 






Emily ( Eme, Mouse) is sweet, caring, strong and with personality. I really liked her character. She was a little insecure in the beginning, but being attacked by a man after work would cause insecurity for anyone, which is why she reached out to Sculpt for help. 






Sculpt teaches Emily self defense so she can take charge of her life and feel like she can protect herself if the need should arise. Sparks fly between these two a long the way and their love is undeniable...or is it?





What I liked most about Emily was that she wouldn't back down. No matter what she faced, she fought with everything in her. Emily also had a very special talent.  She loved and trained horses... and she was soon to be known as 'the girl who speaks to horses.'







The prologue is candied and romantic where we get the delightful story of Logan and Emily, which also brings us to the out of nowhere dramatic ending of With You!  The story takes a huge shift spiraling into a dark and gritty world of violence. 


I. DID. NOT. SEE. THIS. COMING.




Kidnapped.

Starved.

Beaten.

I was alone and fighting to survive. When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong.

Emily is thrown into a dark world of inconceivable acts upon women.  A sex slave industry where nothing is prohibited. Women are tortured, humiliated, starved, abused and thrown around like rag dolls. Emily is fighting to survive. 




Emily's hopes come crashing down when she discovers that the man she had fallen in love with, and the man she is hoping to rescue her is there...but is not there to save her.


"I wanted him to carry me away...and then...then I wanted to kill him."




"I'm scared."

"You should be."


"You will fear me, Emily. And if you don't…I will make you."




The first half of Torn From You is twisted, dark and intense. The second half is totally different, but at the same time, still intense and gratifying. This is where Emily is trying to get her life back on track.  She's focusing on what she loves...saving and training abused horses.




Two years have now passed and Logan has  returned. He wants a second chance with Emily. He loves her and he wants to try and rebuild what they had. Will Emily be able to allow Logan back into her life? 

"I can't lose you again. I have to do whatever it takes to win you back."

"You wrecked me. I was scared of you. I...I still am."

I loved the second half of the book just as much as the first. Watching Logan and Emily trying to repair what had been lost between them was almost as excruciating as Emily's kidnapping and what happened after. But I loved every second of it.

This book was a surprise to me.  I was not expecting it to have everything that I love in a a book. If you love dark romance books with twists and turns, then I recommend you read this one.  It will take you on one heck of a ride. I promise you that.

I am now a huge fan of Nashoda Rose and I can't wait to read more from this author.

I give Torn From You 5 Crazie Stars!!! ~Kim














No comments:

Post a Comment