Thursday, May 22, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ BANG by E.K. Blair






“Fairytale is nothing but a fancy word for a lie used to deceive little kids. A false perception of reality used to give them hope in a hopeless world.”  


I literally just finished Bang and I'm like holy shittin' caboodles...whatever the heck that even means.  I'm speechless.  Like mouth hanging open, probably attracting flies speechless.

What a dark, suspenseful, twisted, disturbing, hanging on by the seat of your pants read!!!  I'm still trying to process it. 





"Vengeance is what I seek, to reclaim what was viciously ripped from me. So now? Now I plot. Now I take control. Now I don my crown of hatred."


Bang starts out with us meeting Nina who is married to wealthy businessman, Bennett Vanderwal. He is very attentive, loving and caring towards her.  Anything she wants she gets...no questions asked.  







 "He is the power. And I the recipient."



Then we have Scotsman, Declan McKinnon, business associate of Bennett's, who is mesmerized by Nina from the get go.  He is drawn to her  even though she is married to Bennett. The more time he spends with her the harder it is to stay away. Omg..he won my heart big time.  I want Declan for myself.  That accent...holy hottness!!! 





“I want to make you into everything you’ve ever dreamed of being.” 


Now, we have Pike, a man from Nina's past who is connected to Nina in a way that is revealed in a present/past timeline. He was the only light in her life...her entire childhood after the age of five was nothing but darkness...with the only exception being Pike.  He was her safe haven.




"He can't hurt you if you don't feel. The people who get hurt in life are the ones who allow themselves to feel."



 You will learn more and more  about their special connection the further along you read. By the author alternating the present and the past, we get a glimpse into the life that Nina and Pike endured and what lead them to seek out vengeance against the ones she felt were responsible for her dark, troubled and abusive childhood. 





This is a book that one must experience on their own.  Giving too much away in a review could ruin the experience you undergo while reading this.  Your emotions will be on high alert and you will feel anxious, nervous and sick to your stomach at times.  Some of the situations that Nina and Pike encountered are very disturbing and will rip you to shreds.  You sympathize with them and you understand MAYBE why they set out to try and destroy responsible parties.

Unfortunately, the characters involved with the revenge plot were all very likable in my opinion.  I get why she felt the need to seek out the people she felt responsible for stealing her childhood  and innocence away, but on the other hand I feel maybe she went about it all wrong.  But...I'm also second guessing myself in saying that because I can't imagine the life she lived and would never wish that on my worst enemy...So, who is to say that in her shoes we wouldn't seek out the same revenge. I will leave that up for you to decide.

I definitely recommend this book.  It has left it's mark on me for sure.  I can not wait for the next book to see what could possibly be in store for us. But, knowing E.K. Blair's  talent in causing havoc within my book world, I'm sure it will not disappoint.  I'm ready E.K. Blair...BRING IT ON!!!






I give Bang 5 Crazie Stars!!! ~Kim












No comments:

Post a Comment