Saturday, May 24, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ MONSTER IN HIS EYES by J.M. Darhower





I wasn't sure what to expect when I came across this book.  But boy am I glad I did. Monster in his Eyes is exactly what I thought it would be and more.

I'll take a dark suspenseful read any day!!!

“I’m warning you. I’m not a good man, Karissa, and I never will be. So don’t think you can fix me, or that I’ll ever change, because I won’t.” 


Karissa is your typical college student,  attending college on a full scholarship in which she must maintain a certain grade point average to keep it. This is her means of paying for college and keeping her scholarship is all she is worried about...

Until she meets the mysterious and  gorgeous Ignazio Vitale (Naz).


Naz is handsome...mysterious...dangerous...possessive...and so so swoon worthy!!! Yes, swoon worthy!!!  He had me from the start!  There is something about a sexy bad boy that gets me every time...And, he is thirty six and Karissa is eighteen.!! Yikes.  Big age difference I know, but I didn't mind. I actually loved the fact that he was older.

"His gaze burns through me, seeping down into my soul, seizing me like a prisoner." 

"I'm a willing captive."




"I want to be his. I want to be his everything. I want him to take me, and make me, and use me, and abuse me, because he thinks he has control and I know now that's what he craves." 


"I want to play his game with him." 
                                                     

The suspense of this book had me on the edge of my seat.  The author was brilliant...I devoured this book!  I couldn't wait to get back to it.  Unfortunately, my day job has nothing to do with reading...that would be an ideal job.  So, in between patients and during my lunch hour, I would read as much as I could.  This book consumed me until the end...and now it's left me wanting more.  

"For as much as I hate him, I also love him.

I love him.

I love him.

And I hate that, too.

He's a monster wrapped up in a pretty package."




Yes, there is a cliffhanger...But I think it's one you can live with.  CAN.NOT.WAIT for more Naz and Karissa!!!

Get this book now if you haven't read it.  But, be prepared because I guarantee that it will consume you and you'll love every minute of it!!

I give MONSTER IN HIS EYES 5 Crazie Stars!!! ~Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment