Monday, May 26, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ SIX BROTHERS by Lili St. Germain









"To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it." ~Confucius

"I would never forget.  And so, for me, being wronged was everything." ~Sammi/Juliette




Oh my!!! I must say that Lili St. Germain has me hooked! Wow!!! This series is really twisted...Some serious messed up shit. But I can't get enough. I'm anxious, my hearts racing and I feel like I'm siting on pins and needles the entire time that I'm reading. I feel like I'm going to be sick at times, so I get up and walk away, but my mind is constantly thinking of this dang book and I have to get right back to reading. So I'm thinking...am I twisted? HECK YES, I AM! 

There isn't a whole lot I can say without giving too much away, so this review is going to be hard. But if you loved Seven Sons, OMG...You're really going to love Six Brothers. I was worried about how Sammi was going to pull off  her next revenge plot without causing suspicion on her...But dang it, she did it and she did it good.  Brilliance...pure brilliance!!!





"Some people would call me a whore. A girl who sold her soul to the devil. Who let him inside her, with no remorse. Who danced with the monster who destroyed everything. To those people, I say only this: I didn’t have to sell Dornan Ross my soul. He already owned it. And once I’ve killed him, maybe I can get it back."


~Meet Dornan Ross~



Dornan Ross is a MONSTER...he's an evil evil man who appears to be falling in love with Sammi.  But even love doesn't keep him from harming her. I'm not sure if he would ever harm any of his son's, because his love for them seems genuine and unconditional.  He  takes their death hard like any parent would. But he wouldn't blink an eye to slit the throat of a woman he may love, especially if she betrays him.  And Sammi got another little taste of what that monster will do. He is one sick man!!! I'm a nervous wreck the entire time Sammi is in his presence. 


"You'd never betray me, would you, Sammi?"

"Never," I lie.


Then we have Jase...Oh how I love him!




We get a little taste of the love that Jase and Sammi once shared and my heart breaks for him...for her.  It's getting harder and harder the more she is around him to control her feelings for him...he's still the man she once loved...still loves. But she knows in order to pull off her plans of revenge on Dornan and his son's that she can't let herself go there. And, what if she does go there and confesses all to Jase...would he protect her or would he warn his father? I know in my heart that he would protect her.  He loathes his father and brothers...at least I hope he does.

The more we get to know Jase, the more I love him.  He's nothing like his evil father and brothers.  NOTHING!!  

“She was my girl,” he says, and I can feel myself breaking apart inside under the weight of his words. “She was my everything.”

This book was just as raw, gritty and gruesome as the first book. The suspense is really getting to me.  I can't wait to see how this all plays out.  Being in Sammi's head is WHACKED!!! It's like watching a movie...watching it all play out. Her plotting is brilliant...pure genius. 


Two down. Five to go.


and the story continues...




I give Six Brothers 5 Crazie Stars!!! ~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment