Friday, May 23, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ DRAGON'S LAIR by Chantal Fernando





"I have nowhere, an no one left to turn to. I lost everything in one night. Over one mistake." 


Dragon's Lair is your typical MC read.

  I was so excited to read this book but was left disappointed.  I wanted ANGST...none!!! I wanted RAW & GRITTY...none!!!  Don't get me wrong, there was some excitement at times, but not enough to get my adrenaline pumping...and dang it I want my adrenaline pumping when I read.  I crave it!!




I felt a "somewhat" connection with Dex and Faye.  Faye at times had me laughing out loud and Dex was not your typical biker Vice Pres.  He didn't behave in "whoreish" ways like most biker books portray.  He was a great guy who was actually faithful. & I did love that ;). He wasn't as nice though when it came to biker business dealings.  He did what he had to do, whether it be murder or whatever else they do during their business dealings.

Dragon's Lair was a fun quick read. I read it in one day. Because this book wasn't really for me, doesn't mean it's not a good book. It's getting great reviews so give it a try if you like MC books. But, keep in mind, it's a sweet read with some twists, not like the typical MC books that I normally read.

If your looking for lots of angst and down right grittiness, then this may not be the book for you. If you are looking for a sweet read, then this may be the book for you. I just feel it lacked details...but that's just me.




I give Dragon's Lair 3 Crazie Stars ~Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment