Saturday, May 31, 2014

KIM'S REVIEW ~ FIVE MILES by Lili St. Germain





My heart is pounding...it's pounding so hard that I feel like it may jump out of my chest. It's ridiculous that this series is all I can think about right now.  Lili St. Germain, what have you done to me?  You've made me love raw and gritty.  Dang it!!! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Five Miles starts off pretty much where  Six Brothers left off and Dornan is on the war path.  A path I would definitely stay away from...but not Julz.  Nope, she is high on adrenaline right now...Two brothers down and 4 brothers to go...and of course big daddy Dornan is on that list too.





Each novella just keeps getting better and better and right when you think you may be figuring it out, BAM...the author throws you for a loop...literally!!  

Dornan is going crazy with the loss of two of his sons.  He thinks he knows who's responsible so he is ready to strike.  Nothing is holding him back.





  This is where I'm on the edge of my seat and I can not put this book down.  I've devoured each one of these books. I'm starving and I can't stop my cravings.  DANG IT!


The stress seems to be getting to Julz. Don't get me wrong she is still bad-ass but I think everything that's been going down is starting to settle in with her and the reality of the situation is brutal. 


"It's almost like I'm dying...little by little; piece by piece.

Burnt out, shattered, breaking apart under the weight of my lies-and I still have five to go."






Her saving grace is Jase and Elliott, but at the same time, they're causing her more stess.  Without them though, I worry about Julz.  She is riding down a dark and dangerous road with no going back...So, how long can she keep this charade up? Is Jase on to her?  If so, will he be able to forgive her?





We get more of Elliott and Julz as well as Julz and Jase in this book.  And oh my...my heart breaks for Julz, Elliott and my sweet sweet Jase.  

I feel liked I'm being chased and I'm about to get caught.  I'm a nervous wreck.  I must stop here because I'm ready to give away too much.  With it being a novella, it's hard not to give too much away. 

This book did not disappoint.  Each one keeps getting better and better. And the end of this book, will do a number on you.  Thank goodness Four Score is out...Not sure I could have waited.

I love this series...I love it hard.  I'm nervous about starting Four Score and I know once I'm finished, I'll have to wait until July for Three Years.  Ugh.





I definitely recommend this series.  

I give Five Miles 5 Crazie Stars!!! ~Kim










No comments:

Post a Comment