Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Elizabeth's Review~Ruthless People~Contemporary Action Romance~J.J. McAvoy



21839603description


5 LIVIN*LOVEN*BLOODY*SEXY STARS!

"The Giovannis are one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful family in Italy and most of the west coast. My father wants an end to the rivalry between the Irish and the Italians."-Liam

Two households brought together to tear down the world! This is one mafia romance you will never forget!  

description

Liam Callahan is the reigning prince of the Irish Mafia. In order to strengthen their power, Liam's father has arranged a marriage with Melody Giovanni the reigning Italian Mafia Princess. It should be so easy. He will take on a sweet wife to attend tea parties and keep his bed warm.

"With her family’s power added to my own, I would own it all before I was thirty."-Liam

Alas, Melody is NOT a princess. Melody is the queen. She has been running the family business for many years. She has no intention of baking and birthing babies. Melody wants to take over the world. She has no concern for others. She has no friends. She only has her kingdom and she RULES! She doesn't answer to anyone.  

description

“Boogeyman of the East,” and I was the unknown “Wicked Witch of the West.”

Mel and Liam's first meeting is quite explosive. They begin a brutal push and pull. There is a battle of advance/retreat. The volatile spirits of these main characters can only be compared to a Sams club box of matches and a super sized gallon of gasoline! Although they both hold the keys to the kingdom, who will reign?

description

"Do not kill. Do not kill. Melody, stay calm and do not kill him."
"But I would not let him win. I would not bow down to him. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever."
-Melody 

"With that one shot, she had proven that breaking her was not possible. She would never convert to what I needed her to be. She was a ruthless savage, and if you cannot break a ruthless savage, you need to figure out how to tame them."-Liam

description

Liam comes up with a plan...

"Step one, accept she was a damn boss. Step two, hide all the knives, guns, and maybe the pillows, too."-Liam 

He is able to woo her with his charm. After all, he is a sexy Irish God! He holds the ability to show her love. He just has to win her over first.

“You are mine, as I am yours. But for this to work, you need to stop seeing me as a goddamned enemy and more like your husband.”-Liam

Liam and Mel come up with their own vows. With one goal in mind (dominate the human race) and the only probability to consider is to win or die trying. Kill or be killed.  

“May we forever be rulers, may our enemies tremble at our feet, may we never forget our great love that is the family. Which we will rule with an iron fist. May we be ruthless and have no regrets. May we take what we want, when we want it, with the world at our feet.”-Mel

In addition to their truce, they find that they enjoy each other's bodies VERY MUCH! These two have passion. When they kill, when they go to bed, when they go to church, when they go for dinner, they do it with passion! They are both killers and lovers.

"No matter how many times I had her, it only made me want her even more."-Liam

description

Mel and Liam are violent and will stop at nothing to take down their enemies. Once these two have come together, hell hath no fury. They are focused on world domination and yet find time for tenderness with each other.  

"God created her and then shattered the mold afterward, for the world could not handle two of her.”-Liam

Ruthless People is not a book for the weak hearted. It is over the top and the furnace is set on high burn for the entire read. Told in multiple POV, you dive deep into the souls of these characters. The witty banter and colorful text make this read beyond enjoyable. Once I started, I could not put it down. I love a read that evokes "the rainbow" of emotions! Mel was such a strong heroine. Even with her psychopath tendencies, I admired her. Was she crazy? Absolutely! I couldn't wait to see what she was going to do next.  

description

Liam Callahan is her perfect match. He is just as motivated to take on the world. But with Mel, his primary motivation becomes teaching her to love. He is the ultimate protector. He is able to heal her.  

description

The secondary characters made this story complete. The diversity in each family member weaved tenderness, tension, happiness, joy, and peace within the chaos. How can I not fall in love with these people?  

There is a moment in this book where my heart broke. I had to put it down to catch my breath. I was amazed at how quickly J.J. McAvoy was able to reengage my drive to continue the story. The heartbreak was painful but the healing was beautiful. The fury that followed still has my mind spinning.

I cannot rave enough about this book. I know many readers that did not enjoy living in this world. As for me, my bags are packed and I'm ready to move in. I will be on to the second book very soon.  

BR IN HONOR OF OUR STRONG MAFIA QUEEN Sasha Elle with the ladies of Shh… [Smut, Heroes & HEAs…].....Thanks for inviting me to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment